Saturday, August 30, 2014

36: Stress, Stress, Stress

The most eventful week of the year is about to come, and there's just so much to do but so little time. I am so totally not prepared for this.


It's going to be the most eventful (yet stressful) week of the year because:

Tuesday: 
Econs Test on Balance of Payments (consists of 5% of overall score)

Wednesday:
Chemistry Test on Acid-Base + Solubility Equilibria & Intro to Organic Chemistry (10% of overall)
Physics Test on Oscillations, Wave Motion and Superposition (10% of overall)
Live performance for Y6 MEP presentation (with absolutely no practice whatsoever)

Thursday:
Cello Grade 8 Practical Exam  


I'm really bummed with what to do right now cause I want to do well in all of them but I just don't have the freaking time. Monday and Tuesday have kind of already been taken up because I need to practice with the chambers for the MEP presentation (I have to play well for this because I promised my 2 friends that I would help out and this chamber pieces are eventually going to be recorded for their A level papers as well), and prepare for my cello examination the same time. 

I have to get a distinction for Grade 8 as not only have my parents paid like thousands of dollars in terms of school fees + the examination fee itself, I've also lagged behind my friend who'd managed to achieve a distinction for the same examination a year earlier, and I cannot fare worse off (even though he did get a relatively high score of 137/150). It's pretty much distinction or nothing. Yet, I can't even play my exam pieces right with so many technical mistakes (what more try to perfect each piece), and my aural tests are so screwed up because my lack of any form of musical theory. Honestly, I've no idea why many people tell me that my playing is good when I'm actually nowhere near the top. 

Then there are the school subject tests. If it weren't for them and their relatively high weightages to my overall score at the end of the year, I'd just skip school for the entire week (besides coming down to practice with the MEP chambers) and perfect my cello pieces. But now I have additional stuff to prepare for and I've no idea how I'm going to find time to study besides sacrificing my sleep time at night to cram in information when I'm already so damn bloody tired. It doesn't help either, that I usually blank out during tests and make awfully careless mistakes when I'm tired, so either way I'm going to screw things really badly. 

Someone help me find a way to stop time, please. It's not helping that while all of this is happening at the same time, I'm still expected to complete assignments and tutorials and stuff. Not to mention I've been thrown to make a keychain design for teachers day and my levels of creativity are zero, plus I've no artistic talent whatsoever to make anything look good hand-drawn. As I type this, I've spent over an hour thinking of something easy to do but yet there's nothing coming out. 

Let me just screw all and go YOLO or something since I'm going to screw up everything anyway.

No comments: