Saturday, August 23, 2014

34: Econs is being a bitch...

Taking a break from studying but there's nothing else to do, so....



Star

The sun sets, nightfall comes,
the darkness settles in and overshadows my heart.
For so long under the cloudy skies,
the sky's been nothing but pitch dark.

Then one day a magical gust of wind came, 
and it blew the clouds away.
Suddenly amongst the darkness were bits and bits of shimmering light,
for it was now a starry, starry night.


As I count the stars one by one, I wonder
if someone’s out there counting them too.
Under this magical, starry night,
perhaps I'd be able to do something right.

Like the Disney song goes,
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme."
With such a rare sight to behold,
Who wouldn't miss the opportunity to make a wish?

As the clouds return, I secretly pray
that whoever you are, or wherever you are,
we'd both wished upon the same star. 
I'll continue to watch the dark skies,
and hope that once the clouds clear again for the next time,
I'll be finally able to see you.



(I need to stop wasting time on writing lousy poems and actually get back to studying sigh)

No comments: