Finally got to experience a "confrontation" in public firsthand for the first time, and I guess you could say it was pretty memorable.
So basically my sister, my cousins and I went to Choa Chu Kang swimming complex because we wanted to take our visiting thai cousins (both primary sch level) out for fun. And basically the whole place is pretty big, it had many different pools and a water playground, which was big enough to run around and play.
So obviously, catering to the kids, we decided to play catching (which I guess is still a pretty fitting game for me hehheh, it was really fun) around the complex, and obviously because of that we were running around in water and splashing about all over the place...
I'm not exactly sure what really happened, but I guess we somehow managed to offend three guys who were about sec 4/poly age, probably because we splashed water at them by running about the place, and so they decided that they would come deesiao (disturb) us. After the game they decide to come near us, splashing water from a distance (and apparently my cousins noticed that they were pointing middle fingers in our direction too), so we decided that it'd be best if we left them alone and move to another pool. Problem was, they decided to follow and stalk us over to the other pool, and when we decided to return to the first pool, they did so too.
So basically my cousin and I were sick and tired of their bullshit and we marched right up to the lifeguard to make a formal complaint. I don't know what the lifeguard was thinking of, but he ACTUALLY CALLED THEM OVER and told them that I was making a complaint of harassment against them -__- which of course, drove them even more mad...
And basically they were trying to justify and explain that I was being irrational because "this is a public place, we can go wherever we want", and apparently I have some super big issue with them "for no reason" because we didn't even engage with them in the first place. Which of course, was stupidly destroyed by themselves by adding on the line of, "You have a fucking problem with us isit, why you want to settle here, come we settle outside". Come on, really, if you all didn't have any intent to hide you people wouldn't have to get all defensive...
So basically I requested for the lifeguard to hold them back while getting ourselves changed and out of here. Problem was, they decided to loiter around the lockers outside the showers after we went in to shower, and basically they were just waiting there and staring at me, for quite a while. Once again, I went to get the lifeguard and more shit stirred up, with one of them being extremely 不爽 and of course, coming over to spout even more bullshit. "CB if you really have a problem with us then settle outside with us la", to which I simply replied "I have no problems, I just want to make sure that my cousins are safe and fine. If you're not the one that's having a problem, then we wouldn't need to have a confrontation because you can simply ignore me and move along." But of course they didnt leave la.
So basically they loitered abit longer before probably deciding that this was simply a waste of their time, and before they left they came to me again to ask whether I wanted to leave first or if I wanted them to leave first, and basically continued to take an issue with me thinking that they want to pick a fight with us. They said that they didnt want me to think they were going to cause trouble outside of the swimming complex, "later you see us eating somewhere of what you don't scared ah" and stuff. Once again, I retaliated: "What I think of you is none of your business, and what you think of me is none of my business. We're strangers, and I highly doubt we are ever going to cross paths again. I really dont care what the hell you people want to do outside of this complex, as long as you don't plan to cause trouble with us outside, I won't take any issues. Just shut up and go instead of wasting your time here."
So yeah, they left, but not without loitering at the entrance for another 5-10 mins -__- I really didnt think that these people would be so petty and cause such a big deal over it. Eventually we just called our uncle to get us and escort us out of the whole place together.
Thankfully this happened in a public area and there was just too many people around for them to actually cause trouble, but I guess it was still pretty intimidating since they really looked so intent to do something with us from far.
Moral of the story:
Don't run around in a swimming complex
Don't even go to a public swimming complex, the water there is just pure terrible with the number of people going in and out of it -__-
Don't even go to a public swimming complex, the water there is just pure terrible with the number of people going in and out of it -__-
But yes, memorable day hahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment