Anyway, as the saying goes, the only constant in life is change, and things are really different. For starters, I'm no longer in the same academic level as my peers (cause I slacked in Y5 in Senior High and failed rather spectacularly), and I now see a totally fresh bunch of faces who I think I haven't ever seen in my 4 years of school even prior to me retaining.
Of course, a new beginning for me, in a seemingly new yet familiar environment, I was initially very worried/nervous/afraid of what was to come for me this year. With such bad grades in a school like Dunman High, you can't blame me for worrying about how others in my former level, as well as in my current level would think of me, and I really feared running into ex-classmates and people who I knew because yeah, things just feel awkward when you know that they know that you didn't promote with them to Year 6.
Another thing I was somewhat worried about was about interacting with the people in my current level. Initially for the first few days of the year, I really could not identify a single face in the level who I could recognise (besides my CCA
Eventually, as the first half of the year passed by, I realised that the people in the level were quite a really nice bunch of people. Most were very friendly and even introduced me to their friends so I could widen my social circle in the level, and I can safely say that I have made at least 50 friends this year so far. The people here are quite a bunch of funny people, and they like to joke around (like me) and as a level I must say that they're quite bonded in the way that they can easily hang around and talk to others in the level despite no longer/ not being in the same class. This new journey has really been a fantastic one so far, and I have enjoyed the company that they've brought me, as well as the encouragement from teachers and other people in my former level. Thank you to everyone who's given me a comfortable year thus far, you people are really awesome.
(Although I still need to buck up on my academics LOL can someone please slap the hell out of me and make sure I never fail the level again thankyouverymuch. In fact, I should be studying Chemistry right now cause MYE's in 3 days fml)
Academics aside, this year has also made me realise that I have become abit more socialble. Having to talk to others in the level to build rapport with them, I realise that I was really shy for the past 5 years. Most of the time when I had conversations with others it would just be plain awkward unless I really knew the person well or smth (okay maybe it still is that way LOL) but I could feel myself expressing more easily this year (the childish side of me at least ahahaha), which is a good thing I suppose!
I wanted to type alot of things here LOL but I'm getting distracted by the World Cup hence I'll probably continue this sometime later(I hope) in another post? Meanwhile that's all from myself for now!
P.S. I realise that my younger blogger self is rather awkward LOL.
P.P.S If anyone else does read this can someone remind me to update my info bar :D no longer fifteen!
No comments:
Post a Comment